Fraction Bars® Teacher’s Guide meets ALL Common Core State Standards for Fractions and Decimals Grade 4. With 20 two-page lessons teaching fraction and decimal concepts.
- Each lesson has two worksheets to follow up the content of the lesson. There are over a dozen activity sheets for student involvement as ideas are being developed during the lessons.
- Fraction Bars® provide a visual model in the lessons for learning about part-to-whole relationships and other fraction concepts.
- A major aim of the CCSS geometry requirement and this guide for grade 4 is to teach fraction concepts that provide the background for introducing fraction symbols and equality and inequality of fractions in grade 3. With the Fracton Bars model, students use colors and whole numbers to describe parts of a whole. Both rectangles and circles provide examples of parts of regions in these lessons. 120 pages with lessons, activity sheets, worksheets, and answer keys.
- SATISFIES ALL THE CCSS REQUIREMENTS FOR Fraction and Decimal INSTRUCTION IN GRADE 4.
- Convenient spiral-bound, flat-lying format for classroom use. Includes 49 perforated reproducible worksheets with perforations for easy detachment.
- Each lesson is on two facing pages so teachers can easily see the complete lesson.
- Answers to all worksheet questions are included.
- The CCSS requirements for teaching fraction geometric concepts in grade 4 together with the titles of the lessons that satisfy each requirement are at the beginning of each lesson.
- Teachers will find that the lessons satisfy the CCSS requirements, and students will enjoy the hands on use of Fraction Bars® and learning with understanding.
- Kids will Love learning Fractions in a memorable way that will help their future too.