Grade 5. With 34 two-page lessons for grade 5 fraction and decimal concepts.
- Each lesson has two worksheets supporting preceeding lesson content. There are 23 activity sheets for concepts, and with writing and making conjectures as ideas are being developed during the lesson.
- Fraction Bars® provide a visual model in the lessons for making more advanced fraction concepts simple and memorable.
- A major aim of the CCSS geometry requirement and this guide for grade 5 is to teach fraction concepts that provide the background for introducing fraction symbols and equality and inequality of fractions in grade 3. With the Fracton Bars model, students use colors and whole numbers to describe parts of a whole. Both rectangles and circles provide examples of parts of regions in these lessons. Complete with lessons, activity sheets, worksheets, and answer keys.
- SATISFIES ALL THE CCSS REQUIREMENTS FOR Fraction and Decimal INSTRUCTION IN GRADE 5.
- Convenient spiral-bound, flat-lying format for classroom use. Includes perforated reproducible worksheets with 23 worksheets for grade 1 and 12 for grade 2 that are easy to remove.
- Each lesson is on two facing pages so teachers can easily scan the complete lesson.
- Answers to all worksheet questions are included.
- The CCSS requirements for teaching fraction geometric concepts in grade 5 together with the titles of the lessons that satisfy each requirement are at the beginning of each lesson.
- Teachers will find that the lessons satisfy the CCSS requirements, and students will enjoy the hands on use of Fraction Bars® and learning with understanding.
A Set of Fraction Bars® is recommended for each three students.
There are no reviews yet.