Fraction Bars® Teacher’s Guide meets ALL Common Core State Standards for Fractions in Grades 1 & 2. With five two-page lessons for grade 1 and six two-page lessons for grade 2 teaching pre-fraction concepts. Hands-on activity with excitement so kids really learn and remember!
- Each lesson has two worksheets to follow up the content of the lesson. There are also several activity sheets for student involvement as ideas are being developed during the lessons.
- Fraction Bars® provide a visual model in the lessons for learning about part-to-whole relationships and other pre-fraction concepts.
- A major aim of the CCSS geometry requirement and this guide for grades 1 & 2 is to teach pre-fraction concepts that provide the background for introducing fraction symbols and equality and inequality of fractions in grade 3. With the Fracton Bars model, students use colors and whole numbers to describe parts of a whole. Both rectangles and circles provide examples of parts of regions in these lessons. Complete with lessons, activity sheets, worksheets, and answer keys.
- SATISFIES ALL THE CCSS REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE-FRACTION INSTRUCTION IN GRADES 1-2. These are listed under “Geometry” at this grade level and the concepts proceed to numeric in guides for higher grade levels.
- Convenient spiral-bound, flat-lying format for classroom use. Includes perforated reproducible worksheets with 10 worksheets for grade 1 and 12 for grade 2 that are easy to remove.
- Each lesson is on two facing pages so teachers can easily see the complete lesson.
- Answers to all worksheet questions are included.
- The CCSS requirements for teaching pre-fraction geometric concepts in grades 1-2 together with the titles of the lessons that satisfy each requirement are at the beginning of each lesson.
- Teachers will find that the lessons satisfy the CCSS requirements, and students will enjoy the hands on use of Fraction Bars® and learning with understanding.