Fraction Bars® Teacher’s Guide meets ALL Common Core State Standards for Fractions and Decimals in Grade 6. With 16 two-page lessons for grade 6 fraction concepts.
- Fifteen activity sheets follow up the content of lessons.
- Fraction Bars provide a visual model in the lessons for learning about part-to-whole relationships and other fraction concepts.
- A major aim of the CCSS geometry requirement and this guide for grade 6 is to teach fraction concepts that provide the background for introducing fraction symbols and equality and inequality of fractions in grade 6. With the Fracton Bars model, students use colors and whole numbers to describe parts of a whole. Both rectangles and circles provide examples of parts of regions in these lessons. Complete with lessons, activity sheets, worksheets, and answer keys.
- SATISFIES ALL THE CCSS REQUIREMENTS FOR Fraction and Decimal INSTRUCTION IN GRADE 6.
- Convenient spiral-bound, flat-lying format for classroom use. Includes perforated reproducible worksheets with 39 reproducable worksheets that are easy to remove.
- Each lesson is on two facing pages so teachers can easily scan the complete lesson.
- Answers to all worksheet questions are included.
- The CCSS requirements for teaching fraction geometric concepts in grade 6 together with the titles of the lessons that satisfy each requirement are at the beginning of each lesson.
- Teachers will find that the lessons satisfy the CCSS requirements, and students will enjoy the hands on use of Fraction Bars® and learning with understanding.
There are no reviews yet.